a real winner

Posted on : 28-06-2012 | By : sweetmama | In : Alabama, Deadbeat Dads


Deadbeat.jpg (114 KB)

this is DeAngelo Mitchell. he has 4 children with 3 different women. mine is the youngest at 14 years old. he doesn’t pay child support for any of them but mine is the only one he refuses to acknowledge even though he knows for sure she’s his. he lives minutes from our house but will not spend any time with our daughter which is all she ever wanted in the first place. i waived my right to child support when i was working full time because he said it was ‘ruining his life’. now I’ve lost my job and my right to drive due to disability. I’m still stuck with the burden of explaining to my beautiful child why her father loves her brother and sister’s but not her. how can a guy consider himself a man when he won’t take care of his own kids. how do you pick and choose which kids you are gonna love? even if he hates me how can he hate a person that came from him? that looks like him? that has nothing but love to give him? i would feel like a mega piece of Crap if i let my daughter go without anything! in 14 years he has given her nothing.

Comments (4)

This is so sad. I hope things get better for you. I can’t understand for the life of me how a man can turn his back on a child. I don’t care what the circumstances are with the mother. Pathetic.

That’s horrible. The same exact thing happened to me. I’m 15 years old, and before June 2012, I hadn’t seen my dad since I was six. He didn’t pay child support, visit me, or anything. You just keep doing whatever you can to support your daughter. Granted, her dad should be in her life and take care of her, but show her how to be a strong, independent women for her future.

Sweetmama: You did not state what part of Alabama either you or the deadbeat dad live in. It is very important that you contact the Department of Human Resources of the county in which you live. DHR’s services are free. You may have to wait 4 to 6 months before you stand in front of a judge, but trust me, it will be worth the wait. DHR in Alabama is very effective, they are just overburdened with the number of deadbeats. If you cannot get a resolution, write a letter to the District Attorney’s office of the county in which you live. Have the letter proofread by someone with good writing skills. Make sure you include the case number of the file from the clerk’s office at the court house with the court order for him to pay child support. Make copies of the letter and send them to DHR in Montgomery. Try again and do not give up. If that all does not work call the State Attorney General’s office at 334-242-7300 and ask for assistance. DO NOT GIVE UP. Consider writing a short letter to the editor of the newspaper where he lives describing your problem without giving names. Maybe the authorities will take note.

Hi! My name is Denise, I am a TV producer in LA. I would love to talk to you about what’s going on. Please call me at 323-451-2446
Thank you so much!

Write a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.